立秋
天气转凉了,吊带衫开始收起来了。
没有永恒. I am totally not looking forward to "6" months of winter, though it is fun to wear boots.
Took a stroll at 北海 yesterday. Quite different experience from the time I went with my family last year. It has been a year since I have been in Beijing. Time literally flies. Arranging for them to come end of the year when there is 供热. They have to miss autumn this time round again as I would be travelling. Bad timing.
What I do miss now is the Raffles Champagne Mooncakes. Last year I managed to savour since I flew back Singapore. This year guess I have to give it a miss. Please do not torment me further. White Chocolate Truffles. My neighbour gave me mooncakes on 七夕. Quite a funny thought. Saw a pic on Fish & Co fish and chips as well. That has been missing quite a while as well. Good old, Western food.
So many things to blog, so the thoughts are random.
立秋应该是去郊外的好时间。Since I cannot go Ho Chi Minh, I would go to company's outing to 南戴河. Heard that it is dirtier than East Coast Park. This year destination is not enticing compared to last year was 无锡,苏州. I guess a lot of colleagues are not going. Some of my kakis are going so hope it would be fun. 同事邀我周末爬山,时间不配,没得去。Bad timing again.
Different culture, different lifestyles. Went drinking @ my friendly neighbour's place. All ang mohs - fun loving. I am quite terrible at drinking, one beer and my face went all tomato-red. Thank goodness, my house is 5 steps away. Nope, still sober but hankering for my comfy bed. Their cooking is fab I must say and their conversation (cum accent) interesting. Venezuela to me in my little world - is a beautiful place with abundant Miss Worlds. The way they were talking about their sucky president, uneducated mass population and the shootings opened up my mind and my perception of my neighbours. President Obama was in their discussion as well. Obviously hot topic - FOOTBALL - being Brazilians. We should not judge people by the book. Fun loving people could be serious and patriotic too.
I wonder if my life would be different if.....荒废了学业,哪怕是拿了会计文凭。我只想追求单纯,不强求。是时候开始积极向上了。两者好难平衡吧,因为有冲突。
Next year may be an eventful year.
0 comments:
Post a Comment