Morton

Well fancy after 30 years, we finally know how a steak should test like, according to Kelvin.

After a year of hiatus, my 1st payday was splurged on a treat to Morton - The Best Steak House. Imported from Chicago, the atmosphere here seems so surreal. Nothing feels like Singapore, even perhaps a restaurant in Hong Kong feels like it.

We have been warned by the waitress on the huge portion of the steak. So when it came however, we were still surprised - 600g of prime cut, portioned into 2 still looks huge on our own plate. Nothing fanciful on the plate itself, just plain good, old beef to tuck into.

My god, when Kelvin bit into his first bite, his face lit up. (It seems geniune he is enjoying his beef rather than humoring me). Yes, it evoked his carnal desire of meat. A big triumph for me.
The big succulent piece of meat was not seasoned with extras but taste good as it should originally be. Fats were evenly distributed and every bite into the food produces even more juice. How could that be possible? I must admit however, the sauce was not as wow as I expected. Horseradish paste and bernaise (a buttery sort of cream) were provided. Hmmm, it could have been a notch better if the sauce they served was to my liking. The wild mushroom sauce at Phine Steakhouse is an example.

The bill was expected, close to $250. We had a creme bulee and jumbo baked potato together with the meal. Coke and still water as beverages. One mention, the creme brulee was a highlight for me. The custard was creamy and not overly sugarly. So for the large serving, I was not left leaving gelate after the last mouthful. I did and really did, taste strong flavors of vanilla and thought that was good quality dessert here. Overall, the price is reasonable. Perhaps I went with the expectation that I, myself would be "slaughtered".

We should be going there a second time - to try out the Ocean Platter for two. Last word of caution to those interested in dethroning your No. 1 spot of steak, when the menu says jumbo, it really means JUMBO.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Still deciding ......


My Photos

Blog Archive